Y MEMBER FEE • $40 NON-MEMBER FEE • $65
Monday – Thursday Classes: January 8 – February 15
Saturday Classes: January 6 – February 10
Monday – Thursday Classes: February 19 – March 29
Saturday Classes: February 17 – March 24
Monday – Thursday Classes: April 9 – May 17
Saturday Classes: April 14 – May 19
YMCA MEMBERS • December 11
NON-MEMBERS • December 18
YMCA MEMBERS • January 22
NON-MEMBERS • January 29
YMCA MEMBERS • March 5
NON-MEMBERS •March 12
Monday: 5-5:30pm Saturday: 10-10:30am, 11:30-12:00pm
Pike – Entry Level Class
Monday: 5-5:30pm or 6-6:30pm Thursday 5-5:30pm Saturday 9:30-10:00am
- Students are taught rudimentary front and back strokes, learn water safety, blow bubbles, float, learn core values and have fun!
- Enrollment Expectations: Follow directions and be comfortable in water
Ray – Intermediate Class
Monday: 5:30-6:00pm Thursday: 6-6:30pm Saturday: 9-9:30am or 11-11:30am
- Learn front and back crawl, how to tread water, elementary backstroke and breaststroke introduced, increasing endurance, and have fun!
- Enrollment Expectations: Can swim about 20 yards independently.
Starfish – Advanced Class
Thursday: 5:30-6:00pm Saturday: 10:30-11:00am
- Mastery of front/back crawl, sidestroke, elementary backstroke and breaststroke with increased distance.
- Enrollment Expectations: Can swim >25 yards independently using different strokes.
Polliwog – Entry Level Class
Polliwog I: Monday: 5-5:45pm Thursday: 5-5:45pm Saturday: 11-11:45am
Polliwog II: Monday 5:45-6:30pm Thursday:5:45-6:30pm Saturday: 10-10:45am
- Students are taught front and back strokes, how to float, learn water safety, gain confidence as well as play games.
- Enrollment Expectations: Follow directions and be comfortable in the water.
Guppy – Beginner Class
Monday: 5:45-6:30pm Saturday: 9-9:45am
- Students learn front/back crawl, sidestroke, elementary backstroke, may be introduced to breaststroke, confident in deep water, rhythmic breathing.
- Enrollment Expectations: Controlled body movement in the water, confidence.
Minnow – Intermediate Class
- Students learn free, back and breast strokes increase distance, use proper technique, as well as learn to stay safe near water.
- Enrollment Expectations: Can swim long distances using basic strokes.
PRIVATE SWIM LESSONS
Have one on one instruction at a day and time that compliments your schedule. Let your instructor know if you want to conquer the fear of water or build your endurance. Our skilled staff will be able to tailor the session for your child.
YMCA MEMBER • $100; COMMUNITY MEMBERS • $125
Each session includes six, 45 minute lessons. Contact Patrick Matheny, Aquatics Coordinator at 810-732-9622 or by email at: firstname.lastname@example.org.