Serving our community in times of crisis
As we work through this developing crisis, please refer to this page for news and updates, including ways the YMCA of Greater Flint is continuing to serve the Greater Flint Community.
YMCA Summer Program Update
It is with much difficulty that the staff and board of the YMCA of Greater Flint and Camp Copneconic have elected to cancel programming for the summer of 2020. This has been, and will continue to be, incredibly difficult. Click here for more information about this decision.
Flint YMCA Feeding our Community
- Pierson Rd YMCA, 5219 W Pierson Rd, Flushing, MI 48433 – 6:00 – 6:45 pm
- Downtown YMCA, 411 E 3rd St, Flint MI 48503 – 6:15 – 6:45 pm
- Kings Lane Apartments, 4400 Kings Ln, Burton, MI 48529 – 4:00 – 4:30 pm
- River Park Apartments, 7002 Pemberton Dr, Flint, MI 48505 – 4:00 – 4:45 pm
- Mt Olive Missionary Baptist Church, 424 Kennelworth Ave, Flint, MI 48503 – 4:45 – 5:15 pm
- Calvary Methodist Church, 2111 Flushing Rd, Flint, MI 48505 – 5:30-6:00 pm
- Suffolk Ct. Apartments, 3000 Suffolk Ct, Flushing, MI 48433- 5:00-5:45 pm
MI Y, OUR Y
Celebrate our collective community spirit by participating in a statewide virtual 5k race
During the COVID-19 Pandemic, YMCAs across Michigan have stepped up to “walk the talk” of our mission. Your participation will support each YMCA as we continue to serve nearly 20,000 meals per day, offer 50 different opportunities for safe at-home virtual exercise programs each week, and care for 1,100 children of essential workers. Additionally, many Ys are gathering children and teens around virtual campfires for stories and songs, directly reaching out to families by sharing nutrition and fitness tips, and hosting blood donation drives in partnership with the American Red Cross.
We know that when we speak and act as one we can move individuals, communities, and Michigan forward. Thank you for helping us support those in need!
Your Y At Home!
The YMCA of the USA is rounding up resources to help inspire your children and your family at home! Check back daily for new activities, videos and more! Click here to visit the site!
Camp At Home!
From singing campfire songs to fun science experiments, YMCA Camp Copneconic is posting daily activites, videos and more to keep your family engaged, informed and entertained. Click here to check it out!
For all the latest updates from Camp Copneconic in regards to Covid-19, please click here.